Triessentialism

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Triessentialism in the Job Market

Physically intuitive people feel most comfortable in jobs of a physical, scientific, moral, or animal nature. These include construction, physics, robotics, chemistry, industry, medicine, law, law enforcement, politics, leadership, etc. Since most men are physically intuitive, most men will be found in such jobs.

Emotionally intuitive people feel most comfortable in jobs of an emotional, philosophical, moral, or animal nature. These include counseling, art, charity, religion, philosophy, politics, cheerleading, modelling, medicine, caretaking, justice, law, etc. Since most women are emotionally intuitive, most women will be found in such jobs.

Logically intuitive people feel most comfortable in jobs of a logical, scientific, philosophical, or moral nature. These include computer science, hard math, research, invention, philosophy, law, finance, etc. Since most people with autistic tendencies are logically intuitive, most people with Asperger's Syndrome will be found in such jobs.

If you're not in your category right now, consider that any job in your category would be more to your liking than even the best job outside your category. Take it frim me; I was in jobs that seemed to suit me, but were not in my category. Then I was given a job in a logic-related field. It's like discovering your favorite food at the age of thirty, and wondering how you never tried it before.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • What if you fit all three catagories?

    :)

    By Blogger Kaz Maslanka, at 9:42 PM  

  • Everyone fits all the categories, to some degree; if they didn't, they wouldn't be human. However, everyone has a category in which they are intuitive, in which problem solving yields an especially joyful response.

    I am a logically intuitive person. I currently work at a job where I convert files and scan documents all day long. I feel more fulfilled and competent than I ever have at any job before.

    My father also works there, and has for over twenty years. He is physically intuitive, but the job has a major physical component, which has allowed him to make a career out of it.

    By Blogger BlueNight, at 12:02 AM  

  • I really hate being defined through my gender..

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 AM  

  • So do I. As a man, I am expected to enjoy sports, or at least to "have a team". I am expected to like beer and wrestling.

    I don't like those things. I am logically intuitive, unlike most men, who are statistically physically intuitive.

    And statistically, most women are emotionally intuitive.

    I say statistically, because even though I have no actual statistics, human cultures at large tend in this direction. Men do physical things, women do emotional things. I am grateful we live in a society in which we don't HAVE to do those things, but there has been no large-scale movement toward a greater societal gender-role balance.

    There exist statistical outliers, such as myself. There are some women who are logically intuitive, but as in-the-dark about emotions as most men. There are some women who are physically intuitive, and could fix a car better than most guys.

    There are men who enjoy emotional things; life is hard because society has one label for them: gay. Emotionally intuitive men are not automatically gay or even effeminate. I know one emotionally intuitive man who wants desperately to find a good woman and settle down (his words, not mine.)

    But by and large, these are statistical minorities; I'm not saying that's good or bad, I am simply saying this has been my observation, and Triessentialism explains it.

    By Blogger BlueNight, at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home